Here's five reasons why I love it and think others who do this kind of stuff do, too: (you know who you are!!)
1) You don't have to be a part of the Gates Foundation to make an impact, no matter how small.
2) You get to ask people for donations and not feel bad about it, because, guess what, it's not for you. (Took me some time to realize this!)
3) You eventually get to go back to the place where it all started for you, see the friends you've made and those who have enriched your life immensely. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen in the Fall)
4) You're never at a loss for a conversation piece at a party because if you're excited and passionate about something, you just want to talk about it!
5) It opens your eyes to the global community that we are a part of and although my focus is on Nepal, it has definitely made me think more globally about everything and become more aware of other organizations trying to do their part!
Lastly... I know, I said five reasons, but I'm adding a sixth reason. See for yourself... photos sent by Amrit of three teens from DHC NewLife Center, sporting some new hardware. This is a snapshot of how our funds have been used over the years. Their smiles says it all!